This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts are perfect for getting in the Fall mood, or anytime of year. Perfect for those who avoid gluten and enjoy homemade donuts.
Making homemade donuts is really easy with the help of a donut baking pan. The ingredients are all mixed into one bowl, then baked to perfection in the baking pan. Topped off with a little cinnamon and sugar and they will be hard to resist.
When I made these cinnamon sugar donuts for my family, they were all gobbled up so quickly. If you’re looking to make a special treat for your family, friends, or neighbors you’ll want to give this recipe a try.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Perfect for those who avoid gluten
- A fun homemade recipe the whole family will enjoy
- Makes a great gift for friends and family
- Hard to resist cinnamon and sugar topping
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Gluten-free flour
- Granulated brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 – In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3 – To the same bowl, add the almond milk, applesauce, butter, and vanilla and combine together well.
4 – Add donut mixture to a large piping bag, and pipe mixture into donut baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
5 – In a small shallow bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. Add the melted butter to a separate dish.
6 – Lightly dip the top and sides of the donuts in the melted butter, then lightly dunk into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Serve immediately.
How do I store my homemade donuts?
Homemade donuts are best served fresh, or within one day for best results. Cover donuts and leave at room temperature for 2 days at most.
Calories per serving (1 donut): 217
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, PLUS
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- To the same bowl, add the almond milk, applesauce, butter, and vanilla and combine together well.
- Add donut mixture to a large piping bag, and pipe mixture into donut baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small shallow bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. Add the melted butter to a separate dish.
- Lightly dip the top and sides of the donuts in the melted butter, then lightly dunk into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Serve immediately.
I use Bob's Red Mill gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Riccle Disposable Icing Piping Bags 12 Inch - 100 Pcs Heavy Duty Anti Burst Pastry Bags for Cream Frosting - Cookie Cake Decorating Supplies
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Wilton Non-Stick 6-Cavity Donut Baking Pans, 2-Count
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!