This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Homemade chocolate frosted banana donuts are baked, not fried. These donuts are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack and are really easy to make.
These banana donuts and fluffy, baked and full of chocolate flavor. Covered in a thick, chocolate frosting, these are perfect for any chocoholic. You will need a donut pan to bake them in, but the are very simple to make.
Bake, cool, dip, let chocolate set and EAT!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A healthy and delicious donut to enjoy for breakfast.
- Baked and not fried, so none of the grease!
- They can be eaten with or without the chocolate glaze on top.
- Everything is mixed in one bowl making this an easy recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need
How To Make Banana Donuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray, if needed. My pan is non-stick doesn’t require cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
Stir in the eggs, yogurt, syrup and vanilla.
Gently stir in the flour and baking soda.
Evenly fill the donut pan with the batter.
Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Melt the chocolate chips and dip each donut in the melted chocolate. Enjoy!
How Do I Store Donuts?
Homemade donuts are best the day you make them, but they can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Donuts?
Absolutely! Place the donuts in a single layer on a metal cookie sheet lined with wax paper, frosted side up. Freeze for 3-5 hours, then transfer the donuts to a freezer safe zip top bag and store for 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
- 3 ripe bananas, medium sized
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, vanilla is good too
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or your favorite type
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray, if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
- Stir in the eggs, yogurt, syrup and vanilla.
- Gently stir in the flour and baking soda.
- Evenly fill the donut pan with the batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate chips and dip each donut in the melted chocolate. Enjoy!
Use your favorite flavor of yogurt and your favorite type of chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
OXO Good Grips Utensil Set, 3-Piece,Brown
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Wilton Non-Stick 6-Cavity Donut Baking Pans, 2-Count
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 855mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.