This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This caramel popcorn recipe without corn syrup is easy to make and healthier than store bought. The caramel is made on the stovetop and the popcorn is baked in the oven.
Making caramel popcorn at home is so easy and better than store bought. Ditch the preservatives and make this caramel popcorn recipe without corn syrup with the family.
There’s no brown sugar or corn syrup in this recipe! This caramel sauce is sweetened with coconut sugar and pure honey.
This popcorn is perfect for family movie night or a quick snack.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Homemade and healthier than store bought
- Perfect for a family movie night
- Great for a quick snack
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
How to make this recipe
1 – Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out popcorn, set aside.
2 – In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the coconut sugar, honey and salt.
3 – Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
4 – Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Drizzle mixture over popcorn.
5 – Bake for 45 minutes. Stir popcorn every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
6 – Once cool, break up clumps and store in a zip top bag.
How do I store my homemade caramel popcorn?
Place the caramel popcorn in a resealable zip top bag, carefully squeezing out excess air. Store on the countertop for 2-3 weeks.
Calories per serving (1/2 cup): 180
- 6 cups plain popcorn
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 250°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out popcorn, set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the coconut sugar, honey and salt.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Drizzle mixture over popcorn.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Stir popcorn every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Once cool, break up clumps and store in a zip top bag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!