Air Fryer Crispy Pork Egg Rolls – Lower- Calorie
Air fryer crispy pork egg rolls are full of flavor without the added oil of deep frying.
Getting egg rolls as an appetizer at Chinese restaurants is one of my favorite parts of eating Chinese food. I like all types of eggs rolls too. Pork egg rolls, spring rolls, or whatever else is on the menu. Putting together these pork egg rolls was so fun and delicious.
What are egg rolls?
Egg rolls are a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a wrapped skin typically fried in hot oil.
If this is your first time making homemade egg rolls, this air fryer version is a great place to start. My favorite reason for using the air fryer is because foods that are typically deep fried make a mess with grease popping all over the place, but that doesn’t happen when they’re made in the air fryer. Plus, the egg roll isn’t greasy when eating them either.
To get started, first heat up some vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork and minced garlic and cook until the pork is no longer pink. It takes about 5-7 minutes. Then, drain the pork of any excess grease and set it aside. Next, heat sesame oil over medium heat in a skillet. Once the oil is warm, add the coleslaw mix, shredded carrots and green onions. Cook until the vegetables are soft, which is about 3-5 minutes. The coleslaw mix cooks down fairly quickly. Then, add the ground pork back to the pan and mix everything together.
Now, add an egg white to a bowl with a pastry brush. Take about 3 tablespoons of the pork mixture and add it to the center of an egg roll wrapper. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and then roll up to form the egg roll. Brush the egg roll with egg white and set aside. Repeat until the pork mixture and egg rolls wrapper are gone.
Place egg rolls into the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd the basket. Turn the air fryer on to 390 degree and air fry for 6 minutes. The wrappers should be slightly brown and crispy, but not burnt. Repeat until all the egg rolls are cooked.
How do I store homemade egg rolls?
Place egg rolls in an air tight container or resealable bag and place in the refrigerator. Stored properly, egg rolls will keep about 3-4 days.
Can I freeze egg rolls?
Place egg rolls on a baking sheet in a single layer in the freezer until the egg rolls are frozen through, about 4 hours. Transfer the frozen egg rolls a freezer safe resealable bag or air tight container and place in the freezer. Stored properly, egg rolls will last about 6 months.
How do I reheat egg rolls?
Place egg rolls on a plate and warm in the microwave until filling is no longer cold. Then, to get the crunch back, put them in a hot oven to re-crisp the egg roll wrappers.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Crispy Pork Egg Rolls
- Vegetable oil
- Sesame oil
- Ground pork
- Garlic cloves
- Coleslaw mix
- Shredded carrots
- Green onions
- Egg whites
- Egg roll wrappers
Calories per serving (1 egg roll): 154
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Crispy Pork Egg Rolls - Lower-Calorie
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 oz coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 large egg white
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Add vegetable oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add pork and garlic and cook until pork is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to skillet and heat to medium heat. Add coleslaw, carrots and green onions. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add pork back to skillet and stir all ingredients together.
- Place 3 tbsp of the pork mixture to center of egg roll wrapper. Fold in sides of wrapper and roll forming egg roll. Brush with egg whites and set aside. Repeat until all pork mixture and egg roll wrappers are gone.
- Place egg rolls into air fryer basket, careful not to overcrowd basket. Turn air fryer on to 390° and air fry egg rolls for 6 minutes. Egg rolls should be brown and crispy, but not burnt. Repeat until all egg rolls are cooked.
- Enjoy warm.
- If coleslaw mix is not available, shredded cabbage will work.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Air Fryer Crispy Pork Egg Rolls, then you might also like: