This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Make perfect pork chops in 30 minutes or less! These air fryer pork chops are tender, juicy, and flavorful. The meat is coated in a simple sweet and savory sauce that allows the succulent pork flavors to shine through.
One of my favorite foods to cook in the air fryer is meat. It’s convenient to have the stovetop and oven open for the side dishes while the primary protein does its thing in the air fryer. One bite of pork chops cooked in the air fryer, and you’ll never go back to your standard cooking method.
You’ll make a simple sweet and savory sauce to use as a baste for these chops. I recommend doubling up on the sauce ingredients to have extra for marinating chicken or shrimp! After basting the pork chops, your air fryer will do the rest of the work for you.
The results are super juicy pork chops with perfectly crisped, lightly caramelized surfaces. Yum! Get a couple of sides going on the stove while the pork chops cook in the air fryer, and you can have a meal made entirely from scratch in 30 minutes or less!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Juicy, mouthwatering meat – thanks to the air fryer, say goodbye to dry, flavorless pork chops.
- It’s quick, easy, and a great protein to serve on busy weeknights.
- There’s no breading.
- It’s easy to modify with gluten-free ingredients.
- The sauce mixture is simple and delicious!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pork Chops – Pork chops are more than delicious. They are a good source of thiamin, niacin, selenium, and vitamin B6. Plus, they are rich in vitamin B12, potassium, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Boneless pork loin chops or any pork chops work well, at least 1″ thickness. Thinner cuts tend to dry out.
- Sauce/Marinade: Instead of a store-bought sauce with processed ingredients, these pork chops are coated in a quick mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
How To Make This Recipe
Step 1: Mix sauce ingredients.
Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
Step 2: Prep pork chops for the air fryer.
Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels and coat them on all sides with the sauce mixture.
Step 3: Cook pork chops in the air fryer.
Place the sauced pork chops in the fryer basket (working in batches if necessary) and cook at 370 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 145F (about 12 to 14 minutes).
Step 4: Rest and serve.
Remove the pork chops from the basket and transfer them to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot with a couple of healthy side dishes, and enjoy!
- Marinating first – Plan and marinate the pork chops for 1 to 6 hours. The meat will absorb a more sweet and savory flavor and become even juicier.
- Sit pork chops out – If the meat is too cold, the outside may cook quicker than the center and burn. The simple solution is to set the chops on the counter 30 minutes before cooking, so they cook evenly all the way through.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket – Cook your pork chops in a single layer, leaving space in between each. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to work in batches.
- Checking for doneness – To make sure your pork chops are cooked through, insert a food thermometer into the thickest part of the meat and make sure the internal temperature is at least 145F.
- Let pork chops rest – As tempting as it may be to dig in, letting your pork chops rest for a few minutes will allow them to reabsorb the juices making the meat as moist and tender as possible.
Variations & Serving
Gluten-free – Swap the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for gluten-free soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
Dry spice rubs – Another option is seasoning the meat with a dry rub before coating. If you plan to use a dry rub, omit the salt, pepper, and Worcestershire, so the pork isn’t overly seasoned. Dry seasoning blends like blackened, Cajun, and creole seasonings are great options.
Serving suggestions – These air fryer pork chops pair perfectly with almost any healthy side dish. Check out the list below for my favorite healthy sides that can be prepared on the stovetop while the chops are in the air fryer.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: After cooling to room temperature, place pork chops in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
Freezing: You can even freeze air fryer pork chops. After cooling, place them in an airtight resealable bag and freeze them for 2 to 3 months.
1″ thick boneless chops will take between 8 and 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Thicker cuts will take longer, so always use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
1″ thick chops bone-in chops will take between 11 and 15 minutes, flipping about halfway through.
The pork chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145F.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, any pork chops work well
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels and coat them on all sides with the sauce mixture.
- Place the sauced pork chops in the fryer basket (working in batches if necessary) and cook at 370 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 145F (about 12 to 14 minutes).
- Remove the pork chops from the basket and transfer them to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot with a couple of healthy side dishes, and enjoy!
Pork chops are considered cooked through and safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 145°.
Different air fryer brands may cook at different rates, so be sure to keep on eye on food.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 25g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.