This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Air fryer parmesan crusted chicken breasts are juicy with a crispy crust. They are low-carb and gluten-free. Great for family dinner or meal prep.
If you’re obsessed with your air fryer like I am, you’ll want to give this parmesan crusted chicken breasts a try. The chicken breasts come out nice and juicy, while leaving a flavorful crust on the outside.
This recipe makes enough for approximately four 4-ounce chicken breasts. The chicken will cook through best if the chicken is pounded down so they are flat.
A quick way to do this is to place the chicken breast in a large resealable zip top bag, zip it up and pound the outside of the bag. This keeps the juices from going everywhere.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy cooking in the air fryer
- Crispy crust and moist meat
- Flavorful yogurt and cheese crust
- Perfect low carb protein
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Greek yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Seasoning salt
- Ground pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – In a small bowl, add the Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese and the seasonings. Mix until everything in blended well.
2 – Spread the yogurt mixture all over each chicken breast, coating them completely.
3 – Remove the basket from the air fryer and lightly spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
4 – Not overcrowding the basket, place chicken in the basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 15 minutes, flipping chicken over halfway through.
Check center of chicken breast with a meat thermometer to check doneness. Meat thermometer should read at least 165 degrees F.
5 – Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
How do I store cooked chicken breast?
Placed cooled chicken in an airtight container. It will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze cooked chicken breast?
Yes! Place cooled chicken in an airtight container, or place the food tightly in freezer bags. Stored properly, frozen chicken will last for up to 9 months.
Calories per serving (1 chicken breast): 197
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breast flat so it will cook evenly. Coat each chicken breast with the mixture.
- Remove basket from air fryer and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in air fryer basket. You may have to cook in batches so the basket is not overcrowded.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 380° F and cook for 15 minutes, flipping chicken at the 7 minute mark. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. It should read at least 165° F.
- Chicken breasts are measured at 4 oz each, for a total of 16 oz.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165° F. Measure this at the thickest part of the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken reaches temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
NEW OXO Good Grips Meat Tenderizer
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Power Air Fryer XL 5.3 Quart
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1012mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!