Air fryer Parmesan crusted chicken breasts are juicy with a crispy crust. They are low-carb and gluten-free. Great for family dinner or meal prep.
If you’re obsessed with your air fryer like I am, you’ll want to give this parmesan crusted chicken breasts a try. The chicken breasts come out nice and juicy, while leaving a flavorful crust on the outside.
This recipe makes enough for approximately four 4-ounce chicken breasts. The chicken will cook through best if the chicken is pounded down so they are flat. A quick way to do this is to place the chicken breast in a large resealable zip top bag, zip it up and pound the outside of the bag. This keeps the juices from going everywhere.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy cooking in the air fryer
- Crispy crust and moist meat
- Flavorful yogurt and cheese crust
- Perfect low carb protein
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Greek yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Seasoning salt
- Ground pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – In a small bowl, add the Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese and the seasonings. Mix until everything in blended well.
2 – Spread the yogurt mixture all over each chicken breast, coating them completely.
3 – Remove the basket from the air fryer and lightly spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
4 – Not overcrowding the basket, place chicken in the basket and cook at 380 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping chicken over halfway through. Check center of chicken breast with a meat thermometer to check doneness. Meat thermometer should read at least 165 degrees.
5 – Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
How do I store cooked chicken breast?
Placed cooled chicken in an airtight container. It will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze cooked chicken breast?
Yes! Place cooled chicken in an airtight container, or place the food tightly in freezer bags. Stored properly, frozen chicken will last for up to 9 months.
Calories per serving (1 chicken breast): 197
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast About 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breast flat so it will cook evenly. Coat each chicken breast with the mixture.
- Remove basket from air fryer and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in air fryer basket. You may have to cook in batches so the basket is not overcrowded.
- Set the air fyer temperature to 380° and cook for 15 minutes, flipping chicken at the 7 minute mark. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. It should read at least 165°.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Chicken breasts are measured at 4 oz each, for a total of 16 oz.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees. Measure this at the thickest part of the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken reaches temperature.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!