Easy watermelon lime slushies are the perfect summer drink. They’re refreshing and great for adults and kids. They’re also a great way to stay hydrated.
It may not be officially summer until the end of June, but we’ve already been seeing temperatures in the 100’s for a while here in AZ. Summer weather starts much earlier for us than for those in other parts of the country. It’s also watermelon season, which means all things watermelon.
These watermelon lime slushies are so easy to make and scream summer, and they are so easy to make too. All you need is ice, fresh lime juice, and of course, watermelon! You’ll want the seedless watermelon, unless you don’t mind picking the seeds out before using it for these drinks. These are the perfect poolside drink too, and are great for adults and kids.
What are the benefits of watermelon?
Watermelon has a high water content which is great for hydrating. It’s a low-calorie fruit and is a great source of lycopene and vitamin C.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Refreshing summer drink
- Low in calories, and hydrating
- Perfect for adults and kids
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Watermelon chunks
- Fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
1 – Remove peel from a small, seedless watermelon and chop it into small chunks. If your watermelon has seeds, you’ll want to remove the seeds. You’ll need about 2 cups of watermelon.
2 – Squeeze the juice from a lime.
3 – Add the watermelon and lime juice to a blender.
4 – Add 2 cups of ice cubes and blend the watermelon, lime juice and ice until you get a slushy texture.
5 – Pour slushy into two glasses and enjoy!
Tip: If you like a strong lime flavor in your slushies, taste test before pouring into glasses and add more lime juice as desired.
Can I store my leftover slushy?
I don’t recommend storing any leftover slushy since it is a mixture with ice. If left in the refrigerator overnight, the ice will melt and you’ll end up with a watery drink that has flavor but no texture. It’s best enjoyed immediately.
Calories per serving (1 glass): 52
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Watermelon Lime Slushies
- 2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups ice
- Remove peel from small, seedless watermelon and chop it into small chunks.
- Squeeze the juice from a lime.
- Add the watermelon, lime juice and ice cubes to a blender.
- Blend until you get a slushy texture, about 1 minute.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy immediately.
- If you like a strong lime flavor in your slushies, taste test before pouring into glasses and add more lime juice as desired.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other drink recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!