Double Chocolate Chip Frappe is the healthy at home version. Lower in calories and made sugar-free.
Do you love the fun, chocolate drinks that some coffee shops serve, but don’t want all the sugar and calories that come with them? Making your own frappe at home has never been easier. Your drink can be made completely sugar-free with sugar-free chocolate chips. Feel free to change up the ingredients to your preferences.
It only takes 5 ingredients, plus the ice, to make this drink and it comes together in a matter of minutes.
How do you pronounce frappe?
Frappe is pronounced “frap-pay.”
What is a frappe?
Frappe literally means “iced” in French. It was originally used refer to any frozen drink. Many frappe drinks today contain coffee, but they can be made with or without coffee.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Less sugar than traditional frappes
- Fun cold treat for adults and kids
- Made in a matter of minutes
- Doesn’t require a lot of ingredients
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Chocolate chips
- Sugar-free Hershey syrup
- Vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
1 – Add the almond milk, sugar substitute, chocolate chips, syrup, vanilla extract and ice to a blender.
2 – Blend for a full minute until the ice is broken down and everything is combined well.
That’s it! This makes enough for two people, so share with your favorite person and enjoy!
Can I store my leftover frappe drink?
Frappes are best enjoyed immediately. However, any leftovers can be placed in a freezer safe container and frozen for up to a month. When you’re ready to drink it again, remove and let thaw.
Calories per serving (1 glass): 208
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Frappe
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips Any kind
- 3 tbsp sugar-free Hershey's syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend for 1 full minute until everything is combined well. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!