Salsa chicken tacos with avocado sauce is an easy family meal. Chicken cooks in the slow cooker and salsa comes together in a matter of minutes.
Making salsa chicken is probably one of the easiest meals I’ve ever made. It involves two ingredients – chicken breast and your favorite salsa. Doesn’t get much easier than that, right? If you want to take your chicken salsa one step further, how about turning it into tacos topped with a delicious avocado sauce? The sauce on top takes this chicken salsa to another level.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Slow cooker does most of the work
- The avocado sauce comes together in only a couple minutes
- Great family friendly meal
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- White corn tortillas
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh lemon juice
- Avocado oil
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Apple cider vinegar
How to make this recipe
1 – Add the chicken breast and jar of salsa to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2 – When the chicken is done cooking, remove from the slow cooker. Then, shred it up and add it back to the slow cooker, stirring into the salsa.
3 – Top the tortillas with the chicken and avocado sauce.
For the sauce
1 – Add a large avocado, lime juice, lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic powder, chili powder, water and apple cider vinegar to a blender or food processor.
2 – Blend until sauce is a smooth consistency.
Top your salsa chicken tacos with additional topping, if desired. I also like to top mine with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions.
What toppings can I put on my tacos?
There are so many great toppings for tacos. Including olives, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, onions, cilantro, and more.
How do I store my leftover chicken and sauce?
Store the shredded chicken and the avocado sauce separately. Properly stored in an airtight, cooked chicken will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. The avocado sauce, placed in an airtight container, will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Calories per serving (1 taco): 243
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Salsa Chicken Tacos with Avocado Sauce
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups salsa Your favorite jar of salsa
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- Place chicken breast in the slow cooker. Pour salsa over the top of the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred chicken and return to slow cooker, stirring into salsa.
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top tortillas with chicken. Finish with avocado sauce. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other chicken recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!