This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Slow cooker spaghetti sauce is the perfect sauce for your pasta night. It tastes great with any type of pasta.
One of the best things about making spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker is how flavorful the sauce gets from simmering all day long. This sauce is hearty and on the thicker side – not super thin and runny.
Making this slow cooker hearty spaghetti sauce is very simple too. It pairs great with your favorite pasta whether it’s piled on top, or mixed in.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The slow cooker does most of the work
- Flavorful sauce from simmering all day
- Super easy to make
- Easy ingredients, mostly spices
- Kid friendly and a family favorite
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
- Yellow onion
- Green pepper
- Lean ground beef
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Italian seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and ground beef to the skillet and cook until the ground beef is thoroughly cooked through and no longer pink.
2 – Drain the ground beef of any excess grease, then transfer it to the slow cooker.
3 – Add the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste to the slow cooker, not draining the tomatoes.
4 – Add the salt, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and ground pepper. Mix all the ingredients to combine everything.
5 – Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Top your favorite pasta!
How do I store my leftover spaghetti sauce?
Transfer cooled spaghetti sauce to airtight container and keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze my leftover spaghetti sauce?
Yes! Place cooled spaghetti sauce in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (approximately 2/3 cup): 124
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 pound 93/7 lean ground beef
- 56 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried pregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and ground beef to the skillet and cook until ground beef is thoroughly cooked through and no longer pink. Drain the ground beef of any excess grease. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Add salt, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Mix to combine all ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve spaghetti sauce over your favorite pasta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other slow cooker recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!