Spaghetti Bake – Lower-Calorie
Spaghetti bake is a true comfort food. This version is lower in calories while maintaining its comforting taste. Perfect for a family dinner or potluck.
Spaghetti back is the ultimate comfort food. The baked cheese on top takes this dish to another level. This recipe is a favorite meal in my family, and has been for a long time. Not only is this meal cost effective and filling, it makes a lot. However, it still gets gobbled up so fast when I make it.
What is the secret to making Spaghetti Bake so flavorful?
There are several ingredients to this dish, but many of them are seasonings. I love using these seasonings because they give so much flavor that I don’t normally find in spaghetti dishes. There is no jarred spaghetti sauce here because the sauce is made from soups, tomato sauce, and a variety of herbs and seasonings. Once the dish is put together it takes some time to bake, like most baked pasta dishes, but it is well worth the wait.
Putting this dish together takes a little bit of time, but is very simple. First, start by preheated the oven to 350° and cooking the spaghetti to the instructions provided on the package. While, the spaghetti is cooking, I get started on the sauce. First, cook the ground beef, onion and bell pepper together until the meat is no longer pink. Once it’s cooked, drain the meat and return it to the pan. Then, add the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings and mix well. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
When the spaghetti is done cooking, drain and stir it into the meat sauce. Then, add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and mix well. Once everything is mixed together well, transfer it all to a 13″ x 9″ greased baking pan. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle the remaining cheese then bake 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
What do I serve with spaghetti bake?
Garlic bread is a traditional side to serve with spaghetti dishes. Green salads, and cooked vegetables are also a good side dish option.
Baked spaghetti makes a perfect dish for potlucks and parties to share with a crowd.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Spaghetti Bake
- Spaghetti noodles
- 93/7 ground beef
- Bell pepper
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Condensed tomato soup
- Tomato sauce
- Brown sugar
- Dried basil
- Garlic salt
- Dried oregano
- Dried rosemary
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Calories per serving (1 cup): 302
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Spaghetti Bake - Lower-Calorie
- 1 16 oz package spaghetti
- 1 1 /2 lbs 93/7 ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Break spaghetti noodles in half and cook according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat large skillet to medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef, onion and bell pepper until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, drain. Stir into meat sauce. Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Transfer to 13" x 9" greased baking pan. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Spaghetti Bake, then you might also like: