This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This baked spaghetti casserole recipe is a true comfort food. It's a great comfort food and perfect for a family dinner or potluck.
This baked spaghetti casserole recipe is the ultimate comfort food. The baked cheese on top takes this dish to another level.
This recipe is a favorite meal in my family, and has been for a long time. Not only is this meal cost effective and filling, it makes a lot. However, it still gets gobbled up so fast when I make it.
What Is The Secret To Making Baked Spaghetti So Flavorful?
There are several ingredients to this dish, but many of them are seasonings. I love using these seasonings because they give so much flavor that I don't normally find in spaghetti dishes.
There is no jarred spaghetti sauce here because the sauce is made from soups, tomato sauce, and a variety of herbs and seasonings. Once the dish is put together it takes some time to bake, like most baked pasta dishes, but it is well worth the wait.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Great meal for the whole family.
- Ultimate comfort food.
- Great for a crowd.
What you'll need to make this recipe.
- Spaghetti Noodles
- 93/7 Ground Beef
- Bell Pepper
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Condensed Tomato Soup
- Tomato Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Dried Basil
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Rosemary
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How To Make This Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the spaghetti to the instructions provided on the package.
In a skillet, cook the ground beef, onion and bell pepper together until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the meat and return it to the skillet.
Add the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings and mix well. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
When the spaghetti is done cooking, drain and stir it into the meat sauce.
Add ½ cup mozzarella cheese and mix well.
Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch greased baking pan.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Uncover and sprinkle the remaining cheese then bake 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Baked spaghetti makes a perfect dish for potlucks and parties to share with a crowd.
What Do I Serve With Baked Spaghetti?
Garlic bread is a traditional side to serve with spaghetti dishes. Green salads, and cooked vegetables are also a good side dish option.
How do I Store Leftover Spaghetti?
Properly stored in an ai tight container, or wrapped with a plastic wrap cover, the spaghetti will last for 3 days in the refrigerator.
- 16 ounce package spaghetti
- 1 1 /2 pounds 93/7 ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Break spaghetti noodles in half and cook according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat large skillet to medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef, onion and bell pepper until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, drain. Stir into meat sauce. Add ½ cup mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Transfer to 13 x 9-inch greased baking pan. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Makerstep Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Strainers. Set of 3 Graduated Sizes Strainer Wire Sieve with Insulated Handle for Kitchen, Cooking, Food Preparation. Premium Stainless Steel, Lightweight
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish, Clear 8.9 Inch X 13.2 Inch - 3 Qt
GreenPan Lima 12" Ceramic Non-Stick Covered Frypan, Gray - CW0004157
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.