This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Shrimp tacos with cilantro lime sauce is a great option for taco Tuesday. Low-carb, gluten-free, and delicious.
If you’ve never tried shrimp tacos before, now’s the time. The shrimp are perfectly seasoned and topped with a delicious cilantro lime sauce. Cilantro, lime and shrimp together? Yes!
These shrimp tacos with cilantro lime sauce are easy to assemble too! Fresh, raw shrimp works the best for this recipe. However, if you have raw, frozen shrimp, that works too. You’ll just need to defrost it first.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The shrimp cook in only 5 minutes
- The sauce comes together in a matter of minutes
- Have dinner ready in 15 minutes
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Raw shrimp
- Avocado oil
- Corn tortillas
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
How to make this recipe
1 – Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2 – While the pan is heating, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Toss the raw, uncooked shrimp in the mixture.
3 – Cook the shrimp in the heated skillet until the shrimp turns pink and is cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
For the sauce
1 – Add a small avocado (peeled with the seed removed), juice of a lime, cilantro, salt, pepper, avocado oil, and water to a blender or food processor.
2 – Blend until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
This part is optional, but I like to do this with my tacos. Sauté the broccoli slaw in the same pan the shrimp were in over medium heat. This softens up the slaw a little. The slaw can be eaten raw, so this is completely optional.
To assemble the tacos, add some slaw to the corn tortillas, add shrimp, then top with the cilantro lime sauce.
How do I store my shrimp and sauce ingredients?
Store the ingredients separately. Properly stored in an airtight, cooked shrimp will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. The broccoli slaw will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days. The avocado sauce, placed in an airtight container, will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Calories per serving (1 taco): 113
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, raw, frozen is okay, defrost first
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 6 white corn tortillas
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Add avocado oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. While skillet is heating, mix seasonings together in a small bowl. Toss shrimp in seasoning.
- Place shrimp in heated skillet and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 4-5 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet. Add broccoli slaw to skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from skillet.
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place broccoli slaw on corn tortillas, then top with shrimp. Finish with cilantro lime sauce. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other seafood recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!