Fish tacos with skinny chipotle sauce are the perfect quick, light meal. Low in fat and calories and very flavorful.
I’m a huge fan of seafood, especially fish tacos. They are one of my favorite go to meals when it comes to Taco Tuesday! These fish tacos with skinny chipotle sauce are a must try. They are really easy to make too. Most of the time will be spent prepping, but it won’t take too long to assemble these tacos.
What is tilapia fish?
Tilapia is a freshwater, plant-eating, white fish that is mild in flavor. Currently, it is in the top 5 most consumed fish in the United States. Tilapia is an inexpensive and easy to prepare and cook.
What are the benefits of eating tilapia fish?
Tilapia is low in fat and a good source of protein. It has 26 grams of protein and only 128 calories in about 3.5 oz. Tilapia is rich in niacin, vitamin B12, phosphorus, selenium and potassium.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Tilapia fish
- Salt and Pepper
- White corn tortillas
- Red onion
- Greek yogurt
- Chipotles in adobo sauce
How to make Fish Tacos with Skinny Chipotle Sauce
First, season the fish with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil in a pan, preheat it, and cook the fish until it’s cooked through. It takes about 8 minutes, 4 minutes on each side.
The chipotle sauce is my favorite topping for these tacos. It’s delicious and really dresses up the tacos with so much flavor. It’s also made using healthier ingredients. Add the Greek yogurt, chipotle peppers, lime and cilantro to a food processor and blend until everything is blended together.
Assembling the taco is quick. I like to use a taco stand when assembling, so the tortillas stay in a taco shape, but laying the tortilla flat on a plate works too.
Put the fish into the corn tortillas first, then add toppings. Finishing it off with a drizzle of the chipotle sauce.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (2 tacos): 220
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Fish Tacos with Skinny Chipotle Sauce - Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb tilapia fish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 small limes, sliced in wedges
For Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sauce from can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 chipotle chile, diced from can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Season both sides of each tilapia fillet with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the tilapia in the hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place tortillas in a taco stand, or on a plate. Divide the fish into eight portions and place on tortillas. Top evenly with onion, cilantro and avocado. Place lime on the side for fresh squeezed lime flavor.
For Chipotle Sauce
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process or blend until smooth.
- Top each taco with approximately 1 tbsp chipotle sauce. Enjoy!
- Warming tortillas will prevent them from ripping. Place tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds before assembling tacos.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Fish Tacos With Chipotle Sauce, then you might also like: