Easy chicken enchiladas verdes are made using only 4 ingredients and is the perfect meal for hectic weeknights.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, look no further. This meal consists of only 4 ingredients! It’s so easy to make and only takes 20 minutes to bake. Weeknights can be really hectic in our house because with 4 kids there is almost always something going on. My daughter plays club softball, and if any of my mama friends out there have kids in sports, then you know how time consuming sports can be.
Easy meals on the weeknights are often my go to for this reason. I try to avoid eating out too much, which can be difficult if I don’t prep for the week. Having meals like this make dinnertime in my house run much smoother.
One of my “secrets” when making dishes that require shredded cooked chicken, is to buy a rotisserie chicken that is already cooked. Then all I have to do is remove the skin and shred the chicken meat. It works out perfectly and is a huge time saver.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
- Rotisserie chicken
- Corn tortillas
- Green enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheese
How to make Easy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Once the chicken is shredded, place chicken in the center of the corn tortilla. Roll it up and place it face down in a baking dish. Repeat until all the tortillas and chicken are gone. Then, take the can of enchiladas sauce and pour it evenly over the rolled tortillas. Finish by topping with the shredded cheese.
Place them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, and that’s it! These easy chicken enchiladas are done and ready to eat.
What do you serve with Easy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
There are a variety of side dishes to serve with enchiladas. Including refried beans, rice, salad, plantains, vegetables or fruit.
What toppings are good for Easy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
Like most Mexican food, there are so many great toppings to serve with enchiladas. Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime, and more.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (2 enchiladas): 373
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes - Low-Calorie
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 16 white corn tortillas I use Mission Super Soft white corn tortillas
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place corn tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds to warm them. Divide shredded chicken into the center of 16 tortillas. Roll the tortillas and place seam side down in baking sheet.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over all tortillas covering them completely. Sprinkle cheese over the top of sauce.
- Place baking dish in oven, uncovered, and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Warming the tortillas before rolling will help them be more pliable and help prevent the tortillas from ripping.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Easy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes, then you might also like: