Easy blender salsa is easy and quick. The results are delicious salsa you’ll want to keep eating. Low in calories and delicious.
I love fresh salsa which also happens to be my favorite part about eating out at Mexican restaurants. If you’ve never made homemade salsa before, I’m going to show you how simplistic it is in ingredients and how quick it is to make. I make my salsa in the blender, and it literally takes 5 minutes from start to finish, with very little prep work.
What foods go with salsa?
Salsa is good with a variety of food. It is great as a dip for tortilla chips, and as a topping on tacos, fajitas, burritos, quesadillas and enchiladas. It also tastes great on scrambled eggs.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- You can adjust the spiciness
- Ready in 5 minutes or less
- Healthy and low in calories
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Jalapeño pepper
Salsa can be made to your liking, depending on whether you prefer spicy or no spice at all. The seeds can be omitted from the jalapeño if no spice is preferred. I do like spicy so I leave the seeds in. You can play around with the level of spiciness you like. Another recommendation is to test the salt levels. I like some salt in my salsa, so I add 2 tbs. If you prefer less saltiness, start with 1 tsp. because you can add more later.
How to make this recipe
1 – Roughly chop the onion, jalapeño and garlic cloves. Place in blender.
2 – Add the can of diced tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend for about 30-60 seconds, or until you get the desired consistency.
How long does homemade salsa last?
Homemade salsa lasts for about 5 to 7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze homemade salsa?
Yes! Homemade salsa can also be stored in the freezer in a covered airtight container or freezer safe bag for about 2 months.
Calories per serving (1/2 cup): 56
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Quick And Easy Blender Salsa
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, roughly chopped Remove seeds for less spice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- Place roughly chopped onion, jalapeño and garlic cloves into blender or food processor.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, with juice, to blender. Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend for about 60 seconds, or until desired consistency.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!