This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot beef stew with pasta is a hearty soup perfect for cooler weather. It’s a delicious family meal to make easily in the Instant Pot.
If you love stew, then you’ll love this Instant Pot beef stew with pasta. It’s so hearty with the addition of pasta, along with the tomatoes. This meal cooks in about 30 minutes and makes a great meal for the whole family.
What kind of beef is best for beef stew?
Beef stew meat is the best cut of beef for stew. It is easy to find in most grocery stores, inexpensive and tastes great. Cooking this stew in the Instant Pot helps the beef to break down and become tender.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Delicious family meal.
- Made quickly in the Instant Pot.
- Perfect for meal prep or leftovers.
- White Onion
- Beef Stew Meat
- Stewed Tomatoes
- Italian Parsley
- Fresh Basil
- Beef Broth
- Ground Black Pepper
- Rotini Pasta
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh Parsley
How To Make This Recipe
Add the onions and beef to the Instant Pot, stir.
Add in the stewed tomatoes, parsley, and basil. Fold in the herbs.
Pour in the beef broth and water. Add in pepper. Stir well.
Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press pressure cook on high pressure to 30 minutes. The quick release the steam.
While the beef is cooking, cook the pasta on the stove top as per directions on box. Drain and add to the stew.
Serve in a bowl topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
How Do I Store My Leftover Beef Stew?
Allow the stew to cool and place in an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator for up tp 3 days.
Can I Freeze my Leftover Beef Stew?
Yes! Place the cooled stew in freezer safe resealable zip top bags. Lay flat to freeze. Properly stored, it will maintain its best quality for about 4 to 6 months.
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 bundle Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small bundle (10-12 leaves) fresh basil, chopped
- 34 ounces beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 ounces rotini pasta
- Grated parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- Fresh parsley got topping, optional
1. Add the onions and beef to the Instant Pot, stir.
2. Add in the stewed tomatoes, parsley, and basil. Fold in the herbs.
3. Pour in the beef broth and water. Add in pepper. Stir well.
4. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Pressure cook on high pressure to 30 minutes. The quick release the steam.
5. While the beef is cooking, cook the pasta on the stove top as per directions on box. Drain and add to the soup.
6. Serve in a bowl topped with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
The Instant Pot needs to come to pressure before the cooking time starts, similar to an oven that needs to preheat. The cooking time doesn't actually start until pressure builds, which can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how full the pot is and how much liquid there is inside. Once it reaches pressure the Instant Pot will beep, and the cook time will begin to count down. Please, make sure to consider that extra time when planning your meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 704mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 29g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.