This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot sausage and spinach soup is a quick, easy and flavorful family meal. It makes great leftovers and is perfect for meal prep too.
This savory and hearty sausage and spinach soup is a quick and easy meal made in the Instant Pot in about 30 minutes. Perfect for a cold wintery night, or any time the mood for soup strikes.
The flavors of the sausage, spinach and potatoes are balanced nicely by the beans and vegetables.
How long can I leave soup in the Instant Pot?
Once the soup is done cooking, it will automatically switch to the warm setting. This keeps soup warm and should be safe to eat for several hours after cooking if you want to cook the soup before dinner time and let it simmer a while.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious, hearty and flavorful soup
- Great for chilly days
- Perfect meal for the whole family
- Pairs well with your favorite bread
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Pork sausage
- Olive oil
- Yellow bell pepper
- White beans
- Reduced sodium chicken broth
- Russet potatoes
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes
How to make this recipe
1 – Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once hot, add the sausage, oil, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir and cook until cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
2 – Add in the remaining ingredients except for the spinach to the Instant Pot.
3 – Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Close the valve and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 10 minutes.
4 – Once the 10 minutes is complete, quick release the steam.
5 – Remove the lid and add in the spinach. Stir.
6 – Serve in your favorite soup bowl! Enjoy!
How do I store my leftover sausage and spinach soup?
Place the cooled soup in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze my leftover sausage and spinach soup?
Yes! Place the cooled soup in resealable freezer safe bags. Lay flat in the freezer to freeze. Properly stored, the soup should last up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (approximately 1 1/2 cups): 344
- 1 pound pork sausage (all flavors are delicious!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 15.5 ounce can of white beans (I used great northern beans)
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups russet potatoes, chopped and peeled
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups spinach
1. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once hot, add the sausage, oil, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir and cook until cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the spinach to the Instant Pot.
3. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Close the valve and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 10 minutes.
4. Once the 10 minutes is complete, quick release the steam.
5. Remove the lid and add in the spinach. Stir.
6. Serve in your favorite soup bowl! Enjoy!
The Instant Pot needs to come to pressure before the cooking time starts, similar to an oven that needs to preheat. The cooking time doesn't actually start until pressure builds, which can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how full the pot is and how much liquid there is inside. Once it reaches pressure the Instant Pot will beep, and the cook time will begin to count down. Please, make sure to consider that extra time when planning your meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives Set Chef Knife Set with Knife Sharpener, 6 Steak Knives with Bonus Peeler Scissors Cheese Pizza Knife and Acrylic Stand by Home Hero
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1164mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other Instant Pot recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!