Fruit Kabobs – Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free
Fruit kabobs are light and refreshing and make a fun snack for adults and kids alike. Perfect for an indoor or outdoor get together with friends and family.
Happy Memorial Day weekend! I want to acknowledge that Memorial Day is more than just a day off of work, or an excuse to have a BBQ or pool party. Memorial Day is celebrated on the last Monday of every May to honor and remember all of the men and women who died fighting for our country. I am forever grateful to all those who have served our country.
Memorial Day is the unofficial start to the summer season. Since schools are closed this day, and it is a day many people are off of work, it is typically spent gathering with friends and family and having an outdoor get together. Here in Arizona, it is started to warm up quickly. We are seeing temperatures well into the 80’s now, and starting to push the 90’s. Time spent outdoors right now is fabulous, especially if you have a pool.
What are some of your favorite foods and treats to celebrate the holiday? In my family, it is common to grill and eat summer type foods. These fruit kabobs are a great addition to any get together, whether it be indoor or outdoor because they will hold up great either way. They are also great for kids and grown-ups alike.
Only 4 ingredients are needed to assemble these kabobs, and they come together quickly. They are a great lower calorie food option, when parties and cookouts don’t always have the healthiest options available. First, I assembled the strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows on the skewers. Then, I melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle it over the kabobs. Chocolate makes everything better, and these fruit kabobs are no exception.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Fruit Kabobs
- Dark chocolate chips
Calories per serving (1 kabob): 97
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Fruit Kabobs - Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free
- 12 medium strawberries, tops cut off
- 24 blueberries
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips, melted
- 4 skewers
- Assemble fruit kabobs in a pattern, if desired. My pattern from bottom to top is marshmallow, blueberry, strawberry, 2 blueberries, strawberry, 2 blueberries, strawberry, blueberry, marshmallow.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl. Cook about 30 seconds, then stir. Chips should be melted, but if not, add more time until melted.
- You can drizzle the chocolate over the kabobs using a spoon. I put the melted chocolate into a resealable storage bag, cut a small tip on the bottom and drizzled that way.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Fruit Kabobs, then you might also like: