Easy Shrimp Scampi – Gluten-Free, Keto, Low-Carb, Lower-Calorie
Easy Shrimp Scampi is ready in a matter of minutes and pairs nicely with zucchini noodles. Enjoy this lower calorie version for an appetizer or dinner.
Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite shrimp dishes and making it at home is really easy. The base is made from olive oil and butter which gives this dish so much flavor. I highly recommend buying fresh, raw shrimp for this dish. However, you could also use frozen uncooked shrimp, if that’s what you have on hand.
First, start by heating a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil to the pan. Once the butter melts into the olive oil, add the garlic and sauté for a couple minutes. Then, add the vegetable broth and fresh, or defrosted, shrimp. Arrange the shrimp so they lay in an even layer. Stir the shrimp around to coat in the sauce. Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes, then flip all the shrimp over and cook for another minute. Remove shrimp from the pan to a bowl or a plate, and pour the sauce from the pan over the shrimp. Squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp, and sprinkle with parsley, and salt and pepper. Serve warm!
You could also substitute a dry white wine in place of the vegetable broth, and it would be delicious.
Shrimp scampi makes a great low-carb seafood dish. I served mine with zucchini noodles that I make using my spiralizer. Then I sauté the zucchini noodles until they are tender. The zucchini noodles make a great base if you plan to use the shrimp scampi as a meal rather than just an appetizer.
What vegetables go with shrimp scampi?
Cooked or sautéed carrots, summer squash, broccoli, green beans, bell peppers and cauliflower all go well with shrimp scampi.
From start to finish this dish comes together in under 10 minutes making this a great weekday dinner.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for shrimp scampi
- Olive oil
- Minced Garlic
- Vegetable Broth
- Raw shrimp
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Calories per serving (6-7 shrimp): 206
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Shrimp Scampi - Gluten-Free, Keto, Low-Carb, Lower-Calorie
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb raw, uncooked shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp parsely, minced
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil to the pan.
- Once butter melts into the olive oil, add garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and shrimp. Stir shrimp around to coat in sauce.
- Arrange shrimp so they lay in an even layer in the pan. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Pour sauce over shrimp if desired. Sprinkle the shrimp with lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- To keep this recipe low carb, serve with zucchini noodles that have been sautéed.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Easy Shrimp Scampi, then you might also like: