Easy Shrimp Scampi Lower-Calorie
Prior to this recipe, it had been a long time since I’d eaten a shrimp scampi dish. I‘ve had it at seafood restaurants before, but it’s been quite some time. I experimented with making a homemade version, and in my humble opinion, it rivals any restaurant dish. The base is made from olive oil and butter, and from there it keeps getting better.
I highly recommend buying fresh, raw shrimp for this dish. You could use frozen shrimp that has not been cooked, if that’s what you have on hand. However, I think fresh is best. There aren’t too many other ingredients to this dish. I also used some fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh minced garlic, vegetable broth, minced parsley, and salt and pepper. You could also substitute a dry white wine in place of the vegetable broth, and it would be delicious.
This also makes a great low-carb seafood dish. I served mine with zucchini noodles that I made using my spiralizer. Then I sautéed them until they were tender. The zucchini noodles make a great base if you plan to use the shrimp scampi as a meal rather than just an appetizer.
From start to finish this dish comes together in under 10 minutes making this a great weekday dinner. Some days there’s just no time to spend a long time in the kitchen when it’s been a long day.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (6-7 shrimp): 206
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb raw, uncooked shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp parsely, minced
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil to the pan.
- Once butter melts into the olive oil, add garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and shrimp. Stir shrimp around to coat in sauce.
- Arrange shrimp so they lay in an even layer in the pan. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Pour sauce over shrimp if desired. Sprinkle the shrimp with lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!