This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This slow cooker chili recipe is a true comfort food during those cooler months. Hearty and full of flavor.
I love this time of year when the weather is finally cooling down and soup is on the regular dinner rotation.
This easy and hearty slow cooker chili recipe is easy to make and there’s not a lot of fuss involved. I put everything into the slow cooker in the morning and it’s ready to eat by dinner time.
What are the benefits to eating beans?
Beans are a great source of protein and are high in amino acids. They are also lower in calories and saturated fat than some other protein sources. Other nutrients found in beans include, zinc, iron, magnesium and fiber.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Slow cooker does most of the work
- Great family meal
- Hearty and filling
- Makes great leftovers
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Lean ground beef
- Green bell pepper
- Garlic Cloves
- Ranch dressing powder mix
- Taco seasoning
- Kidney Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
How to make this recipe
1 – Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add in the diced vegetables and garlic, along with the ground beef.
2 – Cook until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain the grease from the meat, then add to the slow cooker.
3 – Sprinkle in the packet of ranch and taco seasoning.
4 – Drain and rinse the canned beans and add those to the slow cooker. Then add in the cans of Rotel, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water.
5 – Give everything a good stir, then cook on low for 6-8 hours.
How do I store my homemade chili?
Let the chili cool after cooking, then store it in the fridge for up to 3 days in an ai tight container.
Can I freeze my homemade chili?
Yes! Chili can be kept for up to 3 months in the freezer by storing it in a freezer safe container or gallon sized freezer bags.
Calories per serving (1 1/2 cups): 160
- 1 lb lean ground beef, I use 95/5
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 envelope ranch powder mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 10 oz cans Rotel
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and ground beef to skillet. Cook together until meat is no longer pink. Drain and place in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch and taco seasoning over ground beef mixture. Add in the beans, Rotel, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Stir to blend ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- For a thicker chili, eliminate the water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 946mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other slow cooker recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!