Easy Slow Cooker Chili – Low-Calorie
Easy slow cooker chili is a true comfort food during those cooler months. Hearty and full of flavor.
I love this time of year where the weather is finally cooling down and soup is on the regular dinner rotation. It hasn’t been extremely cool here yet, still in the 80‘s most days, but at least it’s not over 100 degrees, so I’ll take it. Soon enough it will get a little cooler and I’ll enjoy the cooler weather even more.
I’m a huge soup lover, and admit to eating it even when it’s hot outside, but I do enjoy it a tad bit more when the weather is cooler. Making chili is one of my favorite cool weather dishes because it’s hardy and filling. I especially love this chili because it’s made in the slow cooker and there’s not a lot of fuss involved. I can put everything into the slow cooker in the morning and it’s ready to eat by dinner time.
What are the benefits to eating beans?
Beans are a great source of protein and are high in amino acids. Beans make an excellent source of protein for vegetarians and vegans. They are also lower in calories and saturated fat than some other protein sources. Other nutrients found in beans include, zinc, iron, magnesium and fiber.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Lean ground beef
- Green bell pepper
- Garlic Cloves
- Ranch dressing powder mix
- Taco seasoning
- Kidney Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
How to make Easy Slow Cooker Chili
To get started, the ground beef gets cooked before it goes into the slow cooker. First, dice up the onion, bell pepper and garlic cloves. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add in the diced vegetables and garlic, along with the ground beef. Cook until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain the grease from the meat, then add to the slow cooker.
Sprinkle in the packet of ranch and taco seasoning. Drain and rinse the canned beans and add those to the slow cooker. Then add in the cans of Rotel, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Give everything a good stir, then cook on low for 6-8 hours.
How do I store homemade chili?
Let the chili cool after cooking, then store it in the fridge for up to three days in an air tight container. Chili can be kept for up to three months by storing it in the freezer.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1 1/2 cups): 160
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili - Low-Calorie
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use 95/5
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 envelope ranch powder mix
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 10 oz cans Rotel
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and ground beef to skillet. Cook together until meat is no longer pink. Drain and place in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch and taco seasoning over ground beef mixture. Add in the beans, Rotel, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Stir to blend ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Easy Slow Cooker Chili, then you might also like: