This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Slow cooker sweet and sour chicken is perfect for those busy weeknights. This will quickly become a family favorite.
The slow cooker has been one of my all-time favorite kitchen appliances for years. It never lets me down when I know I’m going to have a busy day, and not a lot of time to spend cooking in the kitchen.
This slow cooker sweet and sour chicken only takes a few steps and it’s so worth it. This dish can be served as is, or with your favorite side. Warm, hot rice is one of our favorites.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The slow cooker does most of the work
- Perfect meal to come home to after a long day
- Makes a great family meal
- Pairs with rice or your favorite side dish
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Orange juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Ginger paste
- Pineapple tidbits
How to make this recipe
1 – Place all ingredients into your slow cooker.
2 – Stir well to mix.
3 – Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours.
4 – Optional: Serve over white rice, brown rice, or quinoa.
5 – Enjoy!
How do I store my homemade sweet and sour chicken?
Place cooled sweet and sour chicken in an airtight container. Properly stored, it will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Calories per serving (1 cup): 224
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- Place all ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Stir well to mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 16g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other slow cooker recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!