This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Healthy chicken salad with apples includes cubed chicken breast, grapes, apples, walnuts, and blue cheese. This recipe includes a house salad dressing that you can toss the lettuce in as well, or you could just opt for your favorite dressing instead.
This recipe for healthy chicken salad with apples is a great way to incorporate apples into a dish. Typically, apples are used in sweet dishes, which I love, but they are also great in savory dishes too.
Apples and grapes give this salad the perfect amount of crunch and tartness.
What Should I Serve With Chicken Salad With Apples?
A variety of sides would be delicious with chicken salad. Including seasonal fruit, crusty bread, croissants, pita bread or chips.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Delicious homemade dressing.
- Great crunch from the apples, grapes and walnuts.
- Perfect as a side dish or main entree.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Chicken Breast
- Green Apple
- Red Grapes
- Vegetable Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Spring Mix
- Chopped Walnuts
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
How To Make This Recipe
Heat a small skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken breast for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Once finished, cut into cubes.
While the chicken is cooking, dice the apple and cut the grapes in half.
Add the mayonnaise, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and black pepper to a small bowl and stir well, until completely combined.
When ready to serve, add the lettuce to a large bowl, and drizzle the dressing, and mix it all together.
Add the chicken, apples, grapes, walnuts, and blue cheese, and toss. Serve, and enjoy!
What Can I Add To Chicken Salad With Apples?
If you are looking to bulk up your chicken salad, you can add a lot of different things to spruce it up. Dried cranberries, almonds, green onions, boiled egg, and a variety of herbs are some other ingredients to add to your chicken salad.
How Do I Store Leftover Chicken Salad?
Place chicken salad in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups spring mix
- 8 ounces boneless, chicken breast
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken breast for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Once finished, cut into cubes.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice the apple and cut the grapes in half.
- Add the mayonnaise, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and black pepper to a small bowl and stir well, until completely combined.
- When ready to serve, add the lettuce to a large bowl, and drizzle the dressing, and mix it all together.
- Add the chicken, apples, grapes, walnuts, and blue cheese, and toss. Serve, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Premium Apple Corer - Easy to Use Durable Apple Corer Remover for Pears, Bell Peppers, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Gala and Pink Lady Apples - Stainless Steel Best Kitchen Gadgets Cupcake Corer - Zulay Red
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 207mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.