Apple Chicken Salad – Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Keto
Apple chicken salad is made with tart Granny Smith apples, chicken breast and a Greek yogurt base. A quick, healthy and delicious meal.
I love Fall, and this time of year in general. A plethora of apples are here in full swing. No matter what type of apple you are looking for, you’re likely going to find a large selection in most stores. I don’t think I can pinpoint my favorite type of apple, as I have many favorites, but I am partial to Granny Smith apples and their tartness.
This recipe for apple chicken salad is a great way to incorporate apples into a dish. Typically, apples are used in sweet dishes, which I love, but they are also great in savory dishes too. Granny Smith apples give this salad the perfect amount of crunch and tartness.
What should I serve with apple chicken salad?
A variety of sides would be delicious with chicken salad. Including, mixed green salad, seasonal fruit, crusty bread, croissants, pita bread or chips.
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Chicken breast
- Greek yogurt
- Granny Smith apples
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make Apple Chicken Salad
First, start by cooking the chicken. Feel free to cook your chicken breast however you like. I often cook mine on the stovetop in boiling water, but I also bake it in the oven sometimes too. Other times I buy the chicken precooked from the store. Whatever method you choose to use will work. Once the chicken is cooled and chopped, set aside.
To make the dressing, add the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and some salt and pepper to a bowl and mix it all together well. Once it’s mixed well, add in the cooked chicken, sliced celery and chopped apples and stir everything together well.
Note, I peel my apple and core it before chopping it up.
What can I add to apple chicken salad?
If you are looking to bulk up your chicken salad, you can add a lot of different things to spruce it up. Pickles, grapes, dried cranberries, almonds, green onions, boiled egg, and a variety of herbs are some other ingredients to add to your chicken salad.
For a low-carb meal, the chicken salad can be eaten as is. The salad can also be added to a croissant for a sandwich. Low-carb and low-calorie bread works well too.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Calories per serving (1/2 cup): 114
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Apple Chicken Salad - Low-Calorie, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Keto
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard and garlic powder. Mix together well.
- Add cooked chicken, celery and apples to Greek yogurt dressing and mix together until coated well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in air tight container for up to 3 days.
- To cook raw chicken breast, bring pot of water to a boil, and boil chicken for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Peel and core apple before chopping.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Apple Chicken Salad, then you might also like: