This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Air fryer low-carb taco casserole is a simple and quick family meal to throw together. Very little prep work involved and the air fryer does most of the work.
This post has been sponsored by Arizona Milk Producers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We love using our air fryer whenever we can. There are so many options when it comes to using it, and we make all types of meals in it. From appetizers, to desserts, to our main dish.
We recently had a delicious dinner cooked in our air fryer that featured a couple local products from Arizona Milk Producers. I love using local products whenever I can, and we have some great dairy products that are local to Arizona.
Last week, when we were shopping at Albertsons, we picked up some Daisy® Sour Cream and Danzeisen Dairy Heavy Cream. I was excited to use them in my air fryer low-carb taco casserole because I knew it would give this recipe that creaminess to take the casserole to another level. This casserole is perfect for those who follow a low-carb lifestyle or follow the keto diet.
One of the most important things when making our family meals is having a well-balanced diet. These dairy products give us the benefits of the 9 essential nutrients, including protein, calcium and Vitamin D. All which help us keep a healthy immune system and develop strong bones and muscles for active lifestyles.
I highly recommend downloading the Albertsons app to your smart phone. They have a coupon page where you can add coupons you want to use right to your app. It’s so easy and there’s no need to worry about bringing any paper coupons with you to the store.
I also appreciate how organized Albertsons is and how easy it is to find the products I need. The sour cream and the heavy cream were exactly where I expected them to be, in the back of the store near the milk.
What side dishes go well with the low-carb taco casserole?
My favorite side dishes to serve with this casserole are vegetables, like steamed broccoli and cauliflower. A side salad is also great!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- High in protein and Vitamin D
- Makes a great family meal
- A perfect low-carb option
- Easy to assemble and cook
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- 1 lb 93/7 ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Danzeisen heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Daisy light sour cream
How to make this recipe
1 – Spray air fryer-safe dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2 – Add the ground beef to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Drain the grease and return the meat to the skillet.
3 – Add the taco seasoning, water and diced tomatoes with green chiles. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4 – Place beef mixture in the bottom of the air fryer dish.
5 – In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Daisy® Sour cream, and Danzeisen Dairy heavy cream. Pour on top of the beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
6 – Place dish inside the air fryer and cook at 300° F for 15-20 minutes, until the top layer is cooked through.
Can I make the taco casserole ahead of time?
Yes! You can assemble the taco casserole and place it in the refrigerator overnight before air frying.
How long can I store my leftover cooked casserole?
Transfer the cooked and cooled casserole to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories per serving (1/4th of the casserole): 441
Air Fryer Low-Carb Taco Casserole
- Lightly spray air fryer safe dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Drain the grease and return the meat to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and diced tomatoes with green chiles. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place beef mixture in the bottom of the air fryer dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream and heavy cream. Pour over the top of the beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place dish inside the air fryer and cook at 300° F for 15-20 minutes, until the top layer is cooked through.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Different air fryer brands may cook at different rates, so be sure to keep on eye on food.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!