This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup is easy to make in the Instant Pot and made without a lot of ingredients. Perfect for soup season!
Soup season is officially in full swing, and it’s one of my favorite times of year. Making soup in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to make soup. Not only does it cook in record time, it also makes the soup taste like it’s been cooking for hours.
If you are a lover of stuffed peppers, then you’ll want to give this soup a try. It’s loaded with many of the same ingredients, but in soup form!
What do I serve with stuffed pepper soup?
My favorite side to eat with most soups is bread. A side salad or roasted vegetables are options for a healthier side dish.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Perfect for soup season
- Made easy in the the Instant Pot
- Delicious flavors of stuffed peppers
- Makes a great family meal
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Uncooked white rice
- Ground beef
- Stewed tomatoes
- White onion
- Green bell peppers
- Beef broth
- Basil leaves
How to make this recipe
1 – Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Turn the sauté button on and heat olive oil. Add in onion and ground beef.
2 – Cook until ground beef is browned. Add in garlic, oregano, and basil leaves.
3 – Add in diced bell pepper and three cans of stewed tomatoes. Add one cup of uncooked rice. Stir well. Pour in beef broth.
4 – Place lid on the pot and lock into place with the valve pointing to sealed.
5 – Cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. Quick release to let out the steam.
Note – If the soup is not soupy enough add one cup water or broth and stir.
For extra kick add pepperoncini peppers.
How do I store my leftover stuffed pepper soup?
Place cooled soup in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Can I freeze my leftover stuffed pepper soup?
Yes! Stuffed pepper soup makes an awesome freezer meal. Place cooled soup in large freezer safe bags. Lay flat to freeze. These will last in the freezer for about 6 months.
Calories per serving (approximately 2 cups): 351
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 lb 93/7 ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 3 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white rice, uncooked
- 32 oz beef broth
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Turn the sauté button on and heat olive oil. Add in onion and ground beef.
- Cook until ground beef is browned. Add in garlic, oregano, and basil leaves.
- Add in diced bell pepper stewed tomatoes and uncooked rice. Stir well. Pour in beef broth.
- Place lid on the pot and lock into place with the valve pointing to sealed.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. Quick release to let out the steam.Note - If the soup is not soupy enough add one cup water or broth and stir.
- Note - If the soup is not soupy enough add one cup water or broth and stir.
- For extra kick add pepperoncini peppers.
- The Instant Pot needs to come to pressure before the cooking time starts, similar to an oven that needs to preheat. The cooking time doesn't actually start until pressure builds, which can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how full the pot is and how much liquid there is inside. Once it reaches pressure the Instant Pot will beep, and the cook time will begin to count down. Please, make sure to consider that extra time when planning your meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!