Easy Fried Rice With Bacon – Low-Calorie
Easy fried rice with bacon is the perfect meal for one. The bacon adds a nice flair, while being filling, flavorful, satisfying.
I love making meals for one, especially when they’re as easy and delicious as this easy fried rice with bacon recipe. Sometimes I need a meal that is just for me, and this is a great, quick option.
Fried rice is already good on its own, but the addition of bacon is awesome. Once the brown rice is cooked and ready, the dish comes together fairly quick. Brown rice takes much longer than white rice to cook, at least double the time. You can easily make the rice ahead, so it will be ready to go when you need it.
A tip when making fried rice is once the rice is cooked, let it cool down a bit, and then pop it in the refrigerator for a few hours until it gets cold. Overnight is even better. The rice holds up, and tastes better, when making fried rice with cold rice. If you use just cooked rice while it is still warm, it tends to be mushier and the texture isn’t as nice.
What is your favorite ingredient in fried rice? I really like the addition of bacon. Peas, carrots, and eggs are traditional, but there are many different varieties. It’s a versatile dish that can be made several different ways with many amazing outcomes.
When I make fried rice in larger batches, my kids polish it off so quickly. It’s a dish I make frequently with different ingredients each time I make it. Ham is a favorite and I make it that way often too.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Easy Fried Rice With Bacon
- Brown rice
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Ground ginger
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Hot sauce
Calories per serving (1 bowl): 445
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Easy Fried Rice With Bacon - Low-Calorie
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 strip bacon, chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetable medley, thawed
- 3/4 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- hot sauce, to taste
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook for 5–7 minutes until crispy. Remove the bacon from pan and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add vegetables, garlic and ground ginger, and stir-fry in the bacon grease. Allow vegetables to cook for 3–5 minutes until tender. Then, add the rice and soy sauce, and stir-fry for another 3–5 minutes.
- Push the rice to the sides of the skillet to make a large well. Pour the beaten egg into the well and scramble. When the scrambled eggs are fully cooked, turn the heat to high and stir-fry for another 2–3 minutes allowing the fried rice to sizzle.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Easy Fried Rice With Bacon, then you might also like: