This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot 15 bean and ham soup is a hearty meal. Perfect for meal prep or family dinner.
This is the time of year when I love making soups. The Instant Pot makes soup making so easy too! I love the convenience of pressure cooking, especially when it cooks food quickly and without much prep. This recipe uses a bag of 15 different dry beans and it still cooks in under an hour.
Not only is this soup perfect for cooler months, it’s comforting and filling too. The beans make a hearty soup and the ham gives the beans extra flavor.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made in the Instant Pot for fast cooking
- No need to soak the beans
- Flavorful dinner in about an hour
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Bag of 15 Bean Soup
- Chicken broth
Before anything gets added to the Instant Pot, start by adding your dry beans to a colander and rinsing them thoroughly. Once they’re rinsed, lay the beans out on a baking sheet and sort through them, picking out any bad ones. Sometimes rocks and other debris can make their way in the bag, so be sure to eliminate those first.
Once the beans are rinsed and sorted, and the vegetables are prepped, the soup is ready to be made.
How to make this recipe
1 – Turn the sauté button on and add the olive oil, onions, carrots, salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until they become tender. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
2 – Add the chicken stock, water, beans and diced ham and give everything a good stir.
3 – Lock the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is turned to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes.
4 – Once the 50 minutes are up, let the soup release naturally.
Give the soup another good stir, and it’s ready to eat!
What are good toppings for bean and ham soup?
Sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese, or crispy bacon make great toppings.
How do I store homemade bean and ham soup?
Place cooled soup in an airtight container. Properly stored, it will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze homemade bean and ham soup?
Yes! Once soup has cooled completely, transfer to gallon size freezer bags or airtight freezable container for up to 3 months.
Calories per serving (1 1/2 cup): 335
Instant Pot 15 Bean and Ham Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package 15 Bean Soup I use Hurst's HamBeen brand
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups diced ham
- Rinse beans, removing any debris. Set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté. Add olive oil, onion, carrots, salt and pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for an additional minute.
- Add beans, chicken broth, water and ham to pot. Stir well.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot, making sure valve is turned to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Remove lid and stir. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!