These air fryer fries are made from scratch and cuts back on calories since they are cooked in the air fryer. Same great taste and crispness, and a healthy alternative to deep frying.
French fries are a weakness of mine and I could eat them every day given the chance. These fries made in the air fryer are a great alternative to eating them more often with less guilt.
Like the Instant Pot, when air fryers hit the market, they picked up in popularity quickly. They are such an awesome way to cook foods that taste amazing deep fried, in a way that you can still enjoy them just as much.
Are potatoes healthy?
When cooked the right way, without heaps of butter, cheese or cream, they can be good for you. A medium potato contains only about 110 calories. They are a good source of vitamins C and B6, manganese, phosphorus, niacin and pantothenic acid.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Makes a great side dish or snack
- Cooked to perfection in the air fryer
- Made from scratch, not frozen
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
How to make this recipe
1- Once the potatoes are cut into fries, start by blanching potatoes in water until tender.
Do do this, bring a pot of water to a boil, add potatoes to the water for about 3 minutes. Enough to soften them a bit, but not too much. Remove from water and lay flat to cool.
2 – Toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3 – Place the potatoes into the air fryer carful not to overcrowd. These will need to cook in batches.
4 – Turn air fryer on to 400° and cook for 18 minutes. Halfway through cooking, toss the fries and shake periodically. Repeat until all the fries are cooked.
How do I store my homemade fries?
Properly stored in an ai tight container, cooked fries will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze my homemade fries?
Yes! Place the fries in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze until the fries are solid, about 6 hours. Transfer the frozen fries to a gallon safe freezer bag and place in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Calories per serving (1 potato): 171
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Fries Made From Scratch
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Blanch potatoes in water until tender. Do do this, bring a pot of water to a boil, add potatoes to the water for about 3 minutes. Enough to soften them a bit, but not too much.
- Remove from water. Let cool.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the potatoes into the air fryer. Do not overcrowd air fryer. You will want to cook these in batches. Turn air fryer on to 400° and cook for 18 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, toss the fries. Shake periodically.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Different air fryer brands may cook at different rates, so be sure to keep on eye on food.
Other air fryer recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!