This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
How to make a Valentine’s charcuterie board in a few simple steps. Celebrate the holiday of love with your loved ones. Perfect for kids and adults alike.
Valentine’s Day is such a fun holiday to celebrate. Whether you celebrate as a family with fun heart shaped foods, at a party, or spend romantic time with a loved one. This Valentine’s themed charcuterie board is perfect no matter how you celebrate.
What is a charcuterie board?
A charcuterie board is an easy, tasty and beautiful appetizer idea to feed a crowd. It’s the perfect way to enjoy some eats with friends and family. They are typically prepared by assembling cured meats, cheeses, and other easy to eat finger foods.
How do you pronounce charcuterie?
Charcuterie is pronounced “shahr-ku-tuh-ree.”
What goes on a charcuterie board?
There’s a long list of what can go on a charcuterie board. The most common being, cured meats, cheese, olives, nuts, dried fruits, crackers, honey, bread and jelly or jam.
Why you’ll love this charcuterie board
- Super fun themed board
- Great for parties and families
- Awesome way to get in fruits and vegetables
- Great for kids
To get started, first make a list of everything you’ll need for your themed board. In this case, Valentine’s!
Red and Pink Fruits
- Red apples
- Red grapefruit
- Red grapes
Feel free to also toss in some complimentary fruits, like blackberries. They still go with the theme.
Red and Pink Vegetables
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Red bell peppers
Your Valentine’s board is not limited to these fruits and vegetables. These are what my local grocery store had in stock. Other board ideas are pomegranates and cherries.
It’s not quite a charcuterie board without the meats, cheeses, or crackers. I used the following.
Meats, Cheese, Crackers
- Cheddar cheese – cut into heart shapes, of course.
- Pretzel thin crackers.
Feel free to get creative here and use your favorite assortment.
Adding some sweets to the board also gives it that Valentine’s flair. Any festive candy works here. These are the ones I used.
- Yogurt covered pretzels
- Chocolate covered almonds
- Dried cranberries
- White chocolate chips
- Red, pink, and white M&M’s
Having dips for the fruit and vegetables is also a nice touch. I added homemade dips to the board, including a from scratch ranch dip, and from scratch yogurt dip.
Savory ranch dip ingredients
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
Sweet yogurt dip ingredients
- Strawberry yogurt
- Sugar-free lemon dry instant pudding mix
- Whipped topping
Adding a few white chocolate chips to the sweet dip, and red bell pepper to the savory dip helps differentiate which dip is sweet or savory.
Prep fruits and vegetables before assembly
Before assembling the board, wash and dry all the fruits and vegetables that need to be washed. Then cut up the fruits and vegetables that need it so they are ready for assembly.
Assembling the charcuterie board
When assembling the board, I start first with adding one half of each grapefruit to opposite corners of the board. Then, my sweet and savory dips at the other opposite corners.
From there I fill in the fruits on one side of the board and vegetables on the other. I add the meats and cheeses to the center of the board, separating the fruits and vegetables.
Then, I fill in the empty spaces with the sweets. That is typically the corners or edges of the board. I like the see the board completely covered so there is next to no empty space showing.
Now you have a quick, delicious and beautiful Valentine’s charcuterie board to share with those you love.
- 5 strawberries
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced
- 6 raspberries
- 1 red grapefruit, sliced in half
- 5 slices of watermelon
- 1 bunch of red grapes
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 radishes
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
For Meats, Cheese and Crackers
- 12 slices salami, rolled
- 12 slices pepperoni, rolled
- 4 oz block cheddar cheese, cut into squares or hearts
- 15 pretzel cracker thins
- 8 yogurt covered pretzels
- 6 chocolate covered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup red, pink and white M&M's
For Ranch Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
For Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar-free lemon dry instant pudding mix
- 3 tbsp whipped topping
For Ranch Dip
- Add yogurt to a small bowl. Add seasonings and stir until well blended. Place in small ramekin for charcuterie board.
For Yogurt Dip
- Add yogurt to a small bowl. Add pudding dry mix and whipped topping and stir until well blended. Place in small ramekin for charcuterie board.
For Board Assembly
- Add one half of each grapefruit to opposite corners of the board. Add sweet and savory dips at the other opposite corners.
- Fill in the fruits on one side of the board and vegetables on the other. Add the meats and cheeses to the center of the board, separating the fruits and vegetables.
- Fill in the empty spaces with the sweets so there is next to no empty space showing
- Enjoy your Valentine's charcuterie board!
- Amounts and types of fruits, vegetables, sweets, meats, cheese, and crackers are estimates. Feel free to use what works for your board.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives Set Chef Knife Set with Knife Sharpener, 6 Steak Knives with Bonus Peeler Scissors Cheese Pizza Knife and Acrylic Stand by Home Hero
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Bamboo Cheese Board Set, Charcuterie Food Serving Tray - BONUS Stainless Steel KNIVES & BOWLS, Extra LARGE [16x11x1] Wooden Cutting Board Platter for Wine, Cracker, Brie, Meat, Dip, Chip by PandPal
Other Valentine’s recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!