Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
Slow cooker sweet and sour chicken is perfect for those busy weeknights. This will quickly become a family favorite.
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Place paprika in a large resealable zip top bag. Add a few pieces of chicken and shake to coat. Repeat until all chicken in coated. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to slow cooker.
Drain pineapple juice from canned pineapple and add to slow cooker. Place pineapple chunks in the refrigerator. Add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to slow cooker. Mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 hours, until chicken is tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Add pineapple chunks. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 819mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 9mg