Oven Baked Chicken Chimichangas
These chicken chimichangas are baked in the oven instead of deep fried, which cuts back significantly on fat and calories. Perfect for any family night Mexican food dinner.
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3/4 cup picante sauce or your favorite salsa
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 8 8" flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, mix chicken, picante sauce, oregano, cheese and onion together.
Divide chicken mixture evenly in the center of each tortilla.
Fold tortillas into burritos by folding in sides of tortilla, then rolling tightly until closed. Place burrito seam side down on a baking sheet.
Brush burritos with melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If desired, garnish cooked chimichangas with additional cheese, green onions, and salsa.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 11mg