Sunshine Blogger Award
I was thrilled to receive a message from Jen over at Reality Bakes that she was nominating Simply Low Cal for the Sunshine Blogger Award. She has a lovely food blog of her own where she shares some delicious recipes. My favorite is her Lemon Basil Tart.
I have met so many wonderful and talented bloggers in the blogging community since starting my own blog nearly a year ago. Every day I learn so much from my fellow bloggers and I look forward to continuing this journey while growing as a blogger and meeting new blogger friends.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers they find talented and entertaining. It’s to recognize bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. There are so many hats I wear as a food blogger, and it is so nice to see all my hard work on Simply Low Cal be noticed.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate at least 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The questions I was asked:
What inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve always had a love for cooking. I enjoy being creative in the kitchen and coming up with new ideas that translate in delicious dishes. With all the time I spent creating recipes, I wanted to share them with others so they could enjoy them too.
Describe your blog in three words.
Innovative, Inviting, Flavorful
What is your favorite comfort food?
Pasta dishes. Something about a big plate of spaghetti screams comfort food to me.
What is your favorite sweet or dessert?
Anything involving chocolate. There’s never enough chocolate.
What is your favorite book or movie?
That’s a hard one because I love so many movies. I’m a huge Disney buff, so if it’s a Disney movie I probably love it.
Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Definitely an introvert.
What is your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
New York City. There’s a vibe there unlike any other place I’ve ever been.
What is your favorite genre of music?
I love all types of music so it’s hard to narrow it down. My younger self would say 90’s alternative. While I still love it, having kids has forced me to love what’s current on the radio which is typically pop music.
What historical figure would you most like to meet?
Mother Teresa. Her humanitarian work is very inspiring.
What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
Travel to Italy, Learn to play the piano, Become fluent in Spanish
What is your personal motto or anthem?
“Everyday is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.”
Here are my nominees for the award:
- Joey – Joey Cooks
- Amanda – Burrata and Bubbles
- Lauren – The Basic Ginger
- Amanda – Saporito Kitchen
- Christa – Herb N Spice Girl
- Emily – My Messy Kitchen
- Marni – Simple Gray T-Shirt
- Sara Lynn – Serendipity By Sara Lynn
- Ann – Our Happy Mess
- Ty – On Ty’s Plate
- MacKenzie – Salted Yum
Questions for the nominees:
- What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- When did you start blogging?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- What is your favorite climate?
- How many states have you visited?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- Do you do any writing other than your blog?
- What’s your favorite board game?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Thank you to my fellow bloggers for all your support and inspiration.