Oven baked cilantro lime salmon is a heart healthy and flavorful dinner. Great for a quick weeknight meal.
Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish and I don’t make it as often as I should. With other types of fish, like tilapia or mahi mahi, I like making tacos or other fish dishes. Salmon is the type of fish that I like on its own, as long as it’s seasoned well. The flavors of lime, cilantro and jalapeño are always a favorite in my house. With salmon they go together so well.
Salmon can be cooked in a variety of ways, but baking it in the oven is how I often cook it. Salmon can take a little longer to cook than other types of fish, but is worth the wait. The process to making oven baked cilantro lime salmon is so simple, and the results are delicious.
What are the benefits of eating salmon?
Salmon is one of the most nutritious types of fish to add to your diet. Salmon is high in protein, yielding approximately 20 grams in only 3 ounces. It is also low in saturated fat. Salmon contains no carbs and is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. It also supplies many vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, as well as iron, zinc, niacin.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- A great source of protein
- Low in carbs and high in flavor
- Great for meal prep
Ingredients for Oven Baked Cilantro Lime Salmon
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Salt and pepper
How to make this recipe
I like to buy my salmon fresh from the fish counter at the store, which is what I recommend. However, frozen fish that has been completely defrosted before cooking can be used as well.
1 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To prep the salmon, pat it dry and place it on a baking sheet lined in foil.
2 – To make the cilantro lime sauce, add the fresh lime juice, olive oil, jalapeño and garlic to a food processor. Then purée until it’s smooth.
This makes the most delicious sauce for the salmon.
3 – Sprinkle the salmon with a little salt and pepper, then spread the cilantro lime mixture all over the top of the salmon.
4 – Bake the salmon for about 15 minutes. To be sure it’s completely cooked, use a meat thermometer to check that the salmon is cooked through to 145 degrees.
How do I store my leftover salmon?
Place salmon in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze my leftover salmon?
Yes. Place the salmon in a freezer safe container, or wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Properly stored, salmon will last in the freezer for about 2 – 3 months.
Calories per serving (1 portion): 195
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Oven Baked Cilantro Lime Salmon
- 2 lbs fresh salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Add olive oil, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and lime juice to food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place salmon on foil and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cilantro lime mixture over the top of the salmon until covered evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°. Serve warm.
- If sensitive to spice, deseed jalapeño before use.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- The internal temperature of the salmon should be at least 145 degrees. Continue cooking until salmon reaches temperature.
Other seafood recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!