Fresh Fruit Salad With Cinnamon Sugar Chips – Low-Calorie
Fruit salad with cinnamon sugar chips make a great after school, or an anytime snack. This is also a great party dish to serve.
There’s nothing better in the summer than fresh fruit, especially when it’s hot and sticky outside. This fruit salad has so many delicious fruits including those that are at their peak right now. Strawberries and peaches are some of my favorite summer fruits so I had to be sure to incorporate them.
Strawberries are so good with their natural sweetness and peaches with their juiciness. I also added apples and grapes for a nice crunch. Adding the juice of the orange ties everything together giving the fruit salad a sweeter, citrusy flavor. I highly recommended using all fresh fruit when making this fruit salad as frozen or canned fruit won’t taste the same.
What are the benefits of eating fresh fruit?
The fiber in fruit helps fill you up and keep your digestive system running smoothly. Fruits are high in fiber and potassium, and most are also good sources of vitamins A and C, folate.
Start by washing the fruit and cutting it all into bite sized pieces. Add all the fruit to a big bowl, sprinkle the fruit with cinnamon sugar, and pour in the freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix everything together thoroughly. Cover the bowl and keep in the fridge while making the cinnamon sugar chips.
To make the chips, start by preheating the oven, so it’s ready to go once the chips are prepped. Using a pizza cutter, I cut each tortilla into 4 triangles. Once all the tortillas are cut up, I add the coconut oil in the microwave to melt it. I also mix up the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Lightly brush each side of of tortilla with coconut oil, then sprinkle them with the cinnamon sugar mix. Repeat until all tortillas are covered.
Lay the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning tortilla chips over halfway though. Once the tortilla chips are done cooking, let them cool, and the fruit salad and cinnamon sugar chips are ready to eat.
You can make fruit salad with any fresh fruit you may have on hand. My kids love it and it makes a great, healthy snack. It’s also a great after school snack. I did add a little cinnamon and sugar to the fruit salad, but you can eliminate if you’d like. I like to add it because the sugar macerates well with the orange juice.
How do I store Fresh Fruit Salad?
Put the fruit salad in an airtight container and refrigerate. It’s best within a day, however properly stored, fresh fruit salad will last for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Ingredients for Fresh Fruit Salad With Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Coconut oil
Calories per serving (1/2 cup fruit and 8 chips): 133
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Fresh Fruit Salad With Cinnamon Sugar Chips - Low-Calorie
- 1 large apple, cut into bite size pieces any kind
- 1 large peach or nectarine, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup grapes, cut into bite size pieces any kind
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 12 Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Steet Tortillas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For Fruit Salad
- Add washed and cut fruit into a medium size bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and add juice from juiced orange. Mix together.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator while you make the chips.
For Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut tortillas into four triangles.
- Put coconut oil in microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Put cinnamon and sugar in small bowl and mix together.
- Lightly brush each side of of tortilla with coconut oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix. Repeat until all tortillas are covered.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn chips over and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until crisp but not burnt.
- Allow to cool and serve with fruit salad.
- Feel free to eliminate the sugar from the fruit salad to cut back on sweetness.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
If you like Fresh Fruit Salad With Cinnamon Sugar Chips, then you might also like: