This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from sales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Fruit salad with cinnamon sugar chips make a great after school, or an anytime snack. This is also a great party dish to serve.
There’s nothing better in the summer than fresh fruit, especially when it’s hot and sticky outside. This fruit salad has so many delicious fruits including those that are at their peak right now.
Strawberries and peaches are some of my favorite summer fruits so I had to be sure to incorporate them. You can make fruit salad with any fresh fruit you may have on hand. My kids love it and it makes a great, healthy snack.
Adding the juice of the orange into this fruit salad ties the flavors together giving the fruit salad a sweeter, citrusy flavor.
What are the benefits of eating fresh fruit?
The fiber in fruit helps fill you up and keep your digestive system running smoothly. Fruits are high in fiber and potassium, and most are also good sources of vitamins A and C, folate.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Fun way to eat more fruit
- Great snack for kids
- Fun for kids to help make
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Coconut oil
How to make this recipe
1 – Start by washing the fruit and cutting it all into bite sized pieces.
2 – Add all the fruit to a big bowl, sprinkle the fruit with cinnamon sugar, and pour in the freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix everything together thoroughly.
3 – Cover the bowl and keep in the fridge while making the cinnamon sugar chips.
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, so it’s ready to go once the chips are prepped.
2 – Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 4 triangles.
3 – Add the coconut oil in the microwave to melt it.
4 – Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
5 – Lightly brush each side of of tortilla with coconut oil, then sprinkle them with the cinnamon sugar mix. Repeat until all tortillas are covered.
6 – Lay the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning tortilla chips over halfway though.
7 – Once the tortilla chips are done baking, let them cool, and the fruit salad and cinnamon sugar chips are ready to eat.
How do I store my Fresh Fruit Salad?
Put the fruit salad in an airtight container and refrigerate. It’s best within a day, however properly stored, fresh fruit salad will last for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories per serving (1/2 cup fruit and 8 chips): 133
- 1 large apple, cut into bite size pieces, any kind
- 1 large peach or nectarine, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup grapes, cut into bite size pieces, any kind
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 12 Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Steet Tortillas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For Fruit Salad
- Add washed and cut fruit into a medium size bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and add juice from juiced orange. Mix together.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator while you make the chips.
For Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut tortillas into four triangles.
- Put coconut oil in microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Put cinnamon and sugar in small bowl and mix together.
- Lightly brush each side of of tortilla with coconut oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix. Repeat until all tortillas are covered.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn chips over and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until crisp but not burnt.
- Allow to cool and serve with fruit salad.
- Feel free to eliminate the sugar from the fruit salad to cut back on sweetness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
Goodcook 08929002199 Nonstick Bakeware, Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet, Multicolor
New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Other recipes you’ll love
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag me on Instagram. And don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!