This cilantro lime shrimp avocado salad dish is light and refreshing with the flavors of lime and cilantro. It makes a nice side dish or meal.
Lime and shrimp go beautifully together and the shrimp is the star of this dish. This is a great salad that can be eaten on it’s own as a main meal, or it can be eaten as a side or appetizer as well. It’s light and refreshing in flavor with the lime, avocado, cilantro and garlic all marrying well together.
What is shrimp?
Shrimp is a a small free-swimming crustacean with an elongated body classified as a decapod crustaceans.
Is shrimp healthy?
Shrimp is nutritious and fairly low in calories. It also provides a high amount of protein and healthy fats, in addition to a variety of vitamins and minerals. Shrimp also contains nutrients including antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to promote heart health.
Are shrimp and prawns the same?
Both shrimp and prawns are classified as decapod crustaceans, meaning they have 10 legs and exoskeletons. However, shrimp and prawns are not even the same animals. Shrimp are smaller than prawns, and shrimp are found in saltwater while most prawns live in freshwater.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Side dish that pairs well with most summer dishes
- Great way to get in more vegetables
- Perfect to prep ahead of time
What you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh shrimp
- Black beans
How to make this recipe
1 – First, cook, peel, devein and chop the shrimp. I highly recommend buying fresh shrimp for this salad. However, frozen shrimp will work too.
2 – Once all the ingredients are prepped, place them in a large bowl, except for the avocado.
3 – Mix until all everything is combined well. Then, carefully stir in avocado.
I add the avocado last since it is soft and gets too mushy being stirred together with everything else at the same time.
How do I store my homemade shrimp salad?
Place the shrimp salad in an airtight container. Properly stored, it will last for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Calories per serving (1 cup): 391
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full disclosure here.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb 16/20 jumbo shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except the avocado. Stir until all ingredients are combined well.
- Once ingredients are combined, carefully stir in avocado.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.